Friday, March 4, 2011

7 Weeks to Go and DFMC Fundraiser Announcement

Training continues to go well and I feel in much better shape than I did last year. I went on a nice (did I say nice?) 9 miler through Carlisle and back to Billerica - it's one of my favorites now, running through Great Brook State Park and some nice country roads and not too much traffic. Feel like I've hit an inflection point and am actually enjoying the daily workouts a lot more. Thanks to all for the suggestions and encouragement.

I wanted to announce to everyone (again) that we are having a fundraising event on Friday April 1, 2011 at the Billerica Elks, 14 Webb Brook Rd. in Billerica (of course!). DJ, Dancing, Prize Raffles, a 50/50 and a Silent Auction are all on the docket, starts at 7PM and goes til Midnight. All proceeds benefit DFMC and Cancer Research. Tickets are only $20 each. Where else can you have that much fun for 20 bucks?? Just email or call to order your tickets. Also, every tax deductible donation to DFMC on website (or check) of $100 or more gets 2 complimentary tickets as well.

Lastly I want to recognize my fabulous donors this week without whom this wouldn't all be possible: my good friend from Hopkinton Steve Pitts, friends and extreme runners Gary and Kim Brown, my old ski buddy Scott Vezina, and my cousin from Minnesota Maureen Plitzuweit. Thank you everybody for everything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment