Friday, April 16, 2010

Taper or Not Here We Come April 5 week

Coming out of the first full week of April with less than 3 weeks to go until the big day, I focused on keeping the pace of medium runs during the week and with a DFMC long run on the hills in Newton on April 11th. Continues to astound me how I can find "second gear" (that point where muscle fatigue, high heartbeat, and heavy breathing goes away to a new easier gear) at so many different points in my run every time. I don't keep a regular journal and I'm sure more experienced runners would laugh at these "revelations" every week. Had a good long run though, with 13 miles, and I could have gone longer. Did not want to push it, as being healthy will trump being ultra prepared in this runner's regimen. FANTASTIC week on the donation front as I crossed $6K overall (well on my way to the $8K goal which I hope to exceed). My key donors this week include Bruce Hughes/BHC Construction (in support of his Aunt Helen who is fighting breast cancer a 2nd time - prayers to you Helen!!), Jay O'Shaughnessy, Rick Lavoie, Cate Shine, Rick Kelly, Kim McKown-Walters and the Walters Family, Dave Costa, and my brother and sister in law, Brian Doherty & Michele Boudros. Also Diane Johnson and Joe & Linda Iafrate Family donated on behalf of my pediatric partner Aaron. Thank you everyone again for helping me reach my fundraising goals. 2 weeks to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment